Volunteer as an Advocate
The Arthritis Foundation has the strength and knowledge to boldly conquer the obstacles of arthritis through authority and action—fighting for you, fighting for your family and fighting for a cure.
Did You Know
- Arthritis costs the economy $128 billion. These costs include $81 billion in direct costs for expenses like physician visits and surgical interventions and $47 billion in indirect costs for missed work days.
- Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States.
- More than 50 million people (1 in 5 adults) and nearly 300,000 children live with arthritis every day.
- By the year 2030, an estimated 67 million or 25% of the projected total adult population will have arthritis.
- Nearly one-third of adults with arthritis experience work limitations.
Real Life Stories: Watch Video
Become an Advocate
Do you want to help improve the lives of people living with arthritis? Join our movement by becoming a member of the Arthritis Foundation's elite Advocate grassroots network. The key to success in changing government policies and funding is through grassroots advocacy and Advocates are the most effective resource for making positive changes on Capitol Hill and the states. Learn More >>
Learn More About Our Local Leadership Boards
Are you passionate about advocating for the Arthritis Foundation? Learn more about how you can become a member of a local leadership board. Learn More >>